Sunday, March 21, 2010

A month of 'firsts'

What a whirlwind of a few weeks it’s been, and a time of many ‘firsts’. February saw us jet off to the States for the first time for a couple of weeks for a Nashville to Memphis to LA tour, then we flew straight over to beautiful WA to play Nannup Music Festival, and just last week we have been at the very awesome Blue Mountains Folk Festival and supporting country legend Nanci Griffith for her Melbourne and Sydney shows. Wow! I am loving 2010, bring on the rest of it!

Thanks to everyone who came to our shows at the festivals. What a great time we had. There’s nothing I enjoy more than having some serious laughs on stage throughout a show and that’s definitely what the last bunch of shows have been like. I’m lucky because I get to stand in the middle of Byll and Rob, who I must say I think are comedic geniuses. They would probably, actually most certainly, beg to differ on that statement and call it ridiculous, but for me, as far as the youngest sibling is concerned, they are two of the few people who can make me laugh uncontrollably and whom I’m very jealous of their wit and delivery. It’s like being in a nest for me having Josh, Byll and Rob all around. I scored a good spot in the middle. When we are doing our thing all together, it’s so easy and comfortable. Remove one of them and it feels like the mothers left the nest. I turn into an anxious little chick!

We must say a big huge thank you to Nanci for having us on her OZ tour. What a totally inspiring lady, one of the best storytellers and entertainers I’ve seen. We will be forever aspiring to have as long and as successful career as Nanci has had. We were chuffed when she generously asked us back up on stage to close the show with her singing the classic ‘Hammer Song’ which was a tune everyone could make a noise to. Look out, you might just hear that one slip into one of our future sets.. Cheers to Phil Kaufman and Thomm Jutz also who were so good to us.


We are off again to Sydney this week to do our very own show at the beautiful Raval (above The Maq Hotel) this Wednesday 24th. Would love to see all you Sydney and Blue Mountain folks there to share the evening with us.


That’s it from me.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment