Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wardrobe blunders

Isn’t it funny how exciting it can be preparing to go to a festival, deciding what outfits to take, trying to cover for all weather types, choosing comfort but also something a bit cool. My everyday wear is rather basic; I can’t seem to go past my yoga tights, jumper and my sneakers most of the time. That’s right, daggsville, and I’m reminded of that nearly every time I’m seen in this attire. Though on the weekend when I was packing for a fantastic time away at Queenscliff music festival, for some strange reason I decided to pack three different sets of clothes that hadn’t seen the light of day in quite a few months. Why do our brains work that way? Why did I think it was a good idea to pack the same clothes that have been sitting in my wardrobe for 6 months and think that maybe, just maybe the right occasion hadn’t come along yet? Well let me tell that a festival wasn’t that occasion. There’s a reason why I hadn’t let them on my body for all this time. Turns out they look and feel much better on the hanger than they do on me, so the lesson learned is that I know myself better than I think and I’ll definitely go for the tights, jumper and runners combo next time.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment